(Note: For Eclipse/Spring Awakening casting information, please go to Spring Awakening Casting Information)
April 21 & 22, 2017
Friday, April 21, 4-8 p.m.
Saturday, April 22, 2-6 p.m. NOTE: NEW TIME
Auditions for the 2017 main stage productions will take place Friday, April 21, 4-8 p.m. and Saturday, April 22, 2-6 p.m. Please arrive at the Studio Theatre door of the Fine Arts Building at Park Tudor School by 4 p.m. on the 21sh or by 2 p.m. on the 22nd.
Auditions are open to students (from all schools) who have finished 7th grade to those who will graduate from high school in 2017. Summer Stock Stage is committed to an inclusive casting policy. Students of all ethnicities are encouraged to audition for all roles.
Students may audition for one or both shows. Please bring a current photo and completed audition and conflict form. Please prepare 16 bars of a musical theater selection with sheet music in the correct key for the accompanist. All auditioning will be asked to participate in a dance audition. Please have appropriate clothing and footwear.
Rehearsal schedule is below. Because of our short rehearsal schedules, if you have more than two conflicts during a show’s rehearsal period, please do not audition for that production. We will not be rehearsing multiple shows at the same time, so your commitment is for one month per show. Full company meeting will take place the evening of Friday, June 2, 2017.
ALADDIN, JR. – Performances June 21-25, 2017
Rehearsals for June show will begin Saturday, June 3rd. You can count on rehearsing the following times:
– Monday-Thursday, June 5-15, 3-5:30 pm AND 6:30-9:30 pm
– Saturday, June 3, 10 AND Sunday, June 4, 11, 1-4 pm
– Tech rehearsals begin Saturday, June 17 and run through Tuesday, June 20
– Performances are Wednesday, June 21 – Sunday, June 25, 2017
TO BE ANNOUNCED – Performances July 27-30, 2017
(note: this title is restricted until April)
Rehearsals for July show will begin Monday, June 26th. You can count on rehearsing the following times:
– Monday-Thursday, June 26-29, July 5-7 (Friday), July 10-13, July 17-20, 3-5:30 pm AND 6:30-9:30 pm
– Saturday, July 8, 15 AND Sunday, July 9, 16 1-4 pm
– Tech rehearsals begin Saturday, July 22 and run through Wednesday, July 26
– Performances are Thursday, July 27 – Sunday, July 30, 2017.
– No rehearsals July 1-4
There is a small supplies fee for cast members. Scholarships are available.
Audition Materials will be updated prior to the auditions in April 2017:
- SSS Audition Form 2016: Please fill out and bring to auditions.
- SSS Conflict Calendar 2016: Please bring the June and July conflicts calendars with you. Include all known conflicts. Students may not add any conflicts once they are offered a role in the 2016 season. Everything must be listed in full at auditions. See information above on rehearsal schedules.
- Audition Tips & Information: Read through this sheet to prepare for a successful audition.
Headshots and/or resumés are not necessary at auditions. We will take photos and refer to audition forms for this information.
Auditions take place in the Fine Arts Building (#8) on the campus of Park Tudor School located at 7200 N College Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46240. Signs will be posted to direct students to the Studio Theatre in the northwest corner of campus. Entrance to the Studio Theatre is off the parking lot.